Saratov State SocioEconomic University is one of the oldest economic higher educational institutions in Russia. One can trace it's origin back to the foundation of the Economic Institute in 1931. It gained it's modern name in 1999. In 1999 Saratov State SocioEconomic University became a member of the European University Group "Compostela". It will eventually result in international recognition of diplomas. The principle structure subdivisions of the university unite 5 full-time departments, the distance education department, 31 chairs, including 27 graduate chairs; post-graduate and Doctoral programs, publishing office, scientific library, Branches in towns including Astrakhan, Balashov, Balakovo, Mars and Petrovsk; Economic Institute of State Administration and Agriculture and Industry Business, Institute of Distance Education, Economic Lyceum and Economic College. Since 1998 the University provides additional training in the specialty "Interpreter in the Professional Communication Sphere." The university offers a variety of educational formats: full-time education, distance education and intensive courses. High quality of training is guaranteed by efficient faculty. 73.3% of the faculty posses scientific degrees. the university library houses more than 600 thousand volumes, including 2 thousand volumes of literature in foreign languages. The educating process is supported by the University computerized information and education centers with Internet classes. Out-of-town students are provided with room and board accommodations in the residence halls.