Teacher's Training Institute of Saratov State University The history of the institute originates in 1918, when the Teachers Training Institute was incorporated into the two-year Teacher's Institute, which had existed in Saratov since 1913. For many years it existed as a separate educational institution and as a University Department. Today the Teacher's Training Institute is a structural part of SSU. More than 270 highly qualified instructors in the 6 faculties of the institute teach the students in 3 majors and 17 specializations. Department in the institute include: Russian Philology; Foreign Languages; Primary Education; Music Education; Correctional Methods and Special Psychology; and Physical Education.