A view of the right side of a model 1841 Percussion rifle with 1855 alterations. The rifle had a caliber "54" changed to a "58." The lock-plate is marked "Harper's Ferry 1851" and "US" with a spread eagle. "WCK" is engraved to the right of the barrel and left of the stock and "1850" is engraved on the breech plug tang. The upper round of the barrel has "AW/P" and "V," "P" and an eagle head are on the left rear of the barrel. "JLR" is engrave on the left stock and in the patch box. The rifle has a brass butt plate, trigger guard, bow and plate, patch box and barrel bands. There is an alteration for the bayonet. The rifle measures: 122.4 cm (l) with a barrel measuring: 48 cm (l).
The rifle was used 1846 - 1880 and is called a "Mississippi Rifle"., This file is derived using a high-resolution Olympus Mavica 1000 digital camera and saved as an uncompressed TIFF image.